LARGE LIST ANNOUNCED FOR UNIVERSITY PRESS

MEMBERS OF THE FACULTY WRITE FIFTEEN

Sixty seven books on a wide variety of subjects are listed in the Spring Announcement of the Harvard University Press. Of this Famber, fifteen are written by men on the Harvard faculty, and many others are the books of Harvard graduates. Both C. H. Haskins, A.M. '08, Gurney Professor of History and Political Science, and H. E. Rollins, A.M. '16, professor of English have two books each on the list. "The Renaissance of the Twelfth Century" is the title of one of Haskins' volumes on Mediaeval history. His other work is a second edition of his "Studies in the History of Mediaeval Science." Rollins edits the "The Pack of Autolycus", a collection of 17th century ballads by Anthony Wood, and A Paradise of Dainty Devices", a resurrection of a collection of Elizabethan verse compiled by Richard and Edwards in 1576.

Among other works of exceptional interest is a volume entitled "Ten Years of War and Peace", a collection of ten articles from Foreign Affairs, the Yale Review, and the American Historical Review, made by Professor A. C. Coolidge '87. Such titles as "Nationality and the New Europe" "The Break Up of the Hapsburg Empire", "Russia after Genoa and the Hague" show how extensive a view the book affords of the European field. There are also papers dealing specifically with the United States.

Two works of law are included in the University Press announcement. J. H. Beale '82, Royall Professor of Law, is putting out a "Bioliography of Early English Law Books". Administrative Justice and the Supremacy of Law", by John Dickinson, E. I. B. '21, Lectures on Government and Tutor in the Division of History, Government and Economics, is the second work on law.

C. H. Grandgent '83, Professor of Romance Languages, has traced the development of classical Latin into modern Italian in "From Latin to Italian."

Besides Professor Haskins' history of Mediaeval Science, mentioned above, there are three works listed under science. They are "Delusion and Belief," by C. M. Campbell, professor of Phychiatry; "Nurses and Nursing," by Dr. Alfred Worcestor '78, H. K. Oliver Professor of Hygiene; "A Laboratory Manual of Dynamic and Structural Geology", by K. F. Mather, associate professor of Physiography, and S. R. G Lusk, and instructor in Geology, and "Saving Eyesight after Mid Life", by J. H. Waite, M. D. '11, of the Medical School.