NEW ADDITIONS SWELL LIST OF VOLUMES BY HARVARD WRITERS

Verse, Drama, and Scholarship Among Topics Treated

Over 170 additions have been made since December 9, 1926, to the fast-growing list of books written by Harvard men, it became known in a list published in the current number of the Alumni Bulletin. The oldest alumnus to publish a work was Judge Robert Grand '73, with his "Occasional Verses". The oungest alumnus was Montgomery Major '25 with a volume of children's stories entitled "Merry Christmas Stories".

Other well-known books by Harvard men which have appeared this winter are "The Theatre of George Jean Nathan" by Isaaac Goldberg '10, "Why Call it Anything?" by R.C. Benchley '12, and "Lord of Himself", a novel by Percy Marks, A.M. '14. J.R. Dos Jassos '16 has also contributed to the number of novels with his "Orient Express."

Many noteworthy works of scholarship have been published, among which are "The Road to Xanadu", by Professor J.L. Lowes, A.M. '03; "The Renaissance of the Twelfth Century", by C.H. Haskins, Litt.D. (Hon.) '24, Gurney Professor of History and Political Science; "The Case of Sacco and Vanzetti", by Folix Frankfurter, LL.B. '06, Byrne Professor of Administrative Law.