LAW SCHOOL GRADUATES HAVE SPLENDID RECORDS

THREE HARVARD LAW MEN HOLD SUPREME COURT SEATS

The result of a questionnaire which drew replies from over 80% of the 9,400 alumni of the Harvard Law School were made public yesterday by W. M. Powell '95, National Chairman of the Harvard Law School Endowment fund, disclosing the striking fact that approximately six-sevenths of those who responded to the questionnaire now hold public or quasi-public positions.

The largest distinct group is that listed as occupying "prosecuting positions"; which includes 969 former Law School students, two of whom are Ministers of Justices in foreign lands. Although many of this number held high positions in the national law system, the great majority are corporation counsels.

Three Are Canadian M.P.'s.

Former students now holding legislative positions made up the next largest body with a total of 660. Thirty-eight of these are members of Congress; three more are Canadian M. P.'s. Two are listed as speakers of the House of Rep. resentatives. Over 370 Law School alumni are in state legislatures, while 244 more are city aldermen or council men.

Five hundred and sixty four men are now in "judicial positions." Three of the nine United States Supreme Court Justices are Harvard Law School graduates. Sixteen more are judges of circuit Courts of Appeal, while nearly half a hundred preside over District Courts of Appeal. The rest of the number are placed in various state, county, and municipal courts.

List Includes 93 Professors of Law

In the field of education, law school graduates have also been prominent. The list includes president of a university and 282 educators, among whom are 93 professors of law.

Then in a large miscellaneous list, 5,167 other Law School alumni are classified under the heading "in public or quasi-public positions." The presidency of the American Chamber of Commerce and of five city chambers are held by graduates of the Harvard Law School. Hundreds hold positions as directors or committee members in banks. Charitable institutions public utilities and various other corporations. Journalists, authors, editors, publishers, clergymen, brokers, physicians, and students make up the remaining several hundred not already accounted for