BURCHELL TO LECTURE TONIGHT ON "REBIRTH OF IMPERIAL ROME"

Talk Will Be Illustrated by Slides of Recent Archaeological Finds

Henry Burchell, Secretary of the Italy-America Society, will give an illustrated lecture on "The Rebirth of Imperial Rome" at the Union at 8:15 o'clock tonight. Held under the joint auspices of the Union and the Circolo Italiano, the lecture will be open to all members of the University.

Mr. Burchell, although English by birth, has spent much of his life in Italy, and is a personal friend of Premier Mussolini.

The slides to be shown tonight will illustrate the most recent excavations made in various cities under the Fascist Regime. Among these latest discoveries are the foundations of the Circus Maximus in Rome, a wood and stone coliseum capable of seating 300,000 persons. Mr. Burchell will explain the further plans for excavations in Pompell and Herculaneum and for the draining of a lake whose bottom holds the pleasure large of the Emperor Tiberins, sunk in the second century of the Christian Fra.

Previous to the lecture, the Circolo Italiano will hold its election of officers for 1927-28 in the Faculty Room of the Union.