EUROPEAN HOSPITALITY AWAITS "HARVARD TOUR"

FIELD AND DALEY SEND LETTERS TO POSSIBLE MEMBERS

Final plans for the "Harvard Tour" which has been arranged by the International Student Hospitality Association are being completed by J. A. Riegel 1L., the party leader.

This tour, which will be made up of 13 Harvard men, is so planned as to meet the intellectual as well as the practical needs of the travelers, A letter drawn up by F. V. Field '27, representative of the executive committee of the National Student Federation, and L. F. Daley '27, president of the Student Council, is being sent out today to a special list of men in the University who are invited to take this trip. The men will sail from New York on June 18 on the S. S. Vendam and will return on the S. S. Rotterdam to arrive in New York on September 4.

Free passport visas and special rebates by the governments of France, Belgium and Switzerland have been granted men on this tour.

Unique hospitality arrangements, involving private dinners, teas and dances, have been made for this Harvard group through the National Student Federation and The Open Road Inc. of New York.

"Through France, Belgium and Switzerland," states the letter sent out by Field and Daley, "the group will live in each place visited with European university men acting as hosts and guides. So informal is the trip that each man will have opportunity for personal acquaintance with men prominent in European affairs, as well as the chance to sit about cafes or stroll through the town with Europeans who have volunteered to show Harvard men what Europe can be when the commercial tourist atmosphere is noticeably lacking.

"Special social events are prepared in Rouen, Amiens, Lille, Ypres, Brussels, Nancy, Strasbourg, Basle, Geneva, Grenoble, Nice, Avignon, and Paris. Owing to the voluntary participation of Europeans and the private hospitality extended, an exceptionally low cost covers the twelve weeks' trip."

J. A. Riegel 1L has been placed in charge of arrangements for the University and is now interviewing men who have been invited to constitute the Harvard 13. Men who feel qualified to go abroad in this fashion are invited to discuss the trip with Riegel at 28 Irving Street, apartment 9, or to telephone him at University 4393-M.