HARVARD TO MEET HOLY CROSS TODAY

Mitohell Sends Remodeled Line-Up to Face Visitors--Holy Cross Has Won for Last Six Years

The Crimson baseball team will go on the field this afternoon prepared to avenge the long list of defeats it has suffered at the hands of Holy Cross nines during the past six years. Today's tilt, scheduled to begin at 4 o'clock, should be one of the best on the Harvard list.

Coach F. G. Mitchell will send against the invaders from Worcester the same team which faced Brown on Saturday. W. W. Lord '28, erstwhile left fielder, will again replace J. E. Tobin '27 at the first sack, while J. P. Chase '28 will fill the post Lord leaves vacant in the outer circuit. This new combination worked smoothly in the Brown encounter, bringing both greater batting strength and surer fielding to the remodeled nine. Today's game will mark the first appearance of the new lineup on the home diamond.

J. N. Barbee '28, Harvard pitcher who has lost only one game in five starts, will serve in the box this afternoon. He is the most reliable of the Harvard mounds- men and his hurling should allow the University nine to put up its strongest front against the visiting players.

Opposing Moundsman Not Pioked.

The opposing moundsman will be chosen from Davidson and Fons. Neither of these hurlers compare with Owen Carroll, the peer of Purple pitchers, who held away on college diamonds several years ago, but both are reliable and occasionally turn in a sterling performance. Fons proved capable of downing the Crimson forces last spring and may repeat his feat this year.

The invading squad does not come to Soldiers Field today with as formidable a reputation this year as some of the Worcester nines of the past. They have been beaten by Brown and Fordham, while the Bruins fell easy victims before the Harvard bombardment last Saturday. On the other hand, the Purple nine has won from Georgetown, one of the two teams which have bested the Crimson in a diamond encounter this season.

Harvard enters the game a slight favorite. Holy Cross has amassed a total of 50 runs against the University during the last three years as against the small sum of 14 tallies that Harvard has collected over the same period. Mindful of this fact, supporters of the Purple are looking for a close game