Outsider to Select Officials for 1927 Crimson-Eli Classic

Dartmouth Expected to Join in Agreement With Both Yale and Harvard

In an agreement completed yesterday, Yale and Harvard athletic directors decided to entrust the selection of officials for the Harvard-Yale football game to a disinterested third party. W. S. Langford of Trinity College, Hartford, famous for his activity in football circles has been chosen to fill this position.

This new plan is a copy of the system applied in the "Big Ten" universities in the middlewest where the officials have always been chosen by a man without connections with any of the universities.

Dartmouth May Win

It is expected that Dartmouth will sanction this new agreement between Harvard and Yale and will perhaps join with them in having a neutral individual, no relation to either participant, choose the officials for all the big games If Dartmouth agrees to join Harvard and Yale Langford will no doubt be the man she will allow to choose the officials for football games with major eastern rivals.

Bingham Behind Agreement

This move is one which has been advocated for the East for a number of years and W. J. Bingham '16 in carrying it through hopes to eliminate any possible influence which might be exerted one way or the other on officials.

People have held in past years that colleges have developed grudges against officials because of decisions given by them in games and as a result stopped employing them. This step has been taken so that such criticism will be impossible in the future.

As a result of this change the central board which recommend officials man take a corresponding action and appoint a man who will correspond to Langford but will have more power.