SABBATICAL YEAR WILL TAKE HOLCOMBE TO RUSSIA AND EAST

Will Also Attend Assembly of League of Nations in Geneva

To "Observe political conditions at first hand, especially in Soviet Russia and the Far East", Professor A. N. Holcombe '06 will make extensive travels next year in those countries and in Europe. He will take next year as a Sabbatical, and will spend the entire year on foreign soil.

The middle of the summer will see Professor Holcombe in Geneva, Switzerland, where he expects to remain for several weks. While there he will attend the Assembly of the League of Nations in September, and will then journey to Russia. He expects to spend some time here studying the conditions of the Soviet, and hopes to be present at the tenth celebration of the anniversary of the Russian Revolution, to be held in Moscow in October.

Shortly after this celebration he will leave for the Far East, where, if conditions permits be will remain for eight or nine months. He will pass through Siberia and Manchuria on the way and will spend most of the time in China and Japan. While in the East he may give lectures in several Japanese and Chinese Universities.