GOLF TEAM WINS 5 TO 1 DECISION OVER UNION

Stimpson Suffers Only Harvard Loss at Hands of Cox--Rain Halts Progress of Racquetmen

One Crimson minor sports team was victorious yesterday afternoon while another seemed on the way to a win when the contest was called on account of rain. The University golfers downed Union 5 to 1 while the tennis team was ahead 2 to 0 in its clash with M. I. T. when the deluge, which descended last yesterday afternoon, drenched the courts and made it impossible for the other players to finish their matches.

B. H. Whitbeck '29 and J. H. Appleton '29 were the two Harvard racquetmen who completed their contests, each easily disposing of his opponent, by 6-1, 6-0, and 6-0, 6-1 scores respectively.

The rest of the Matches were much closer than the two which were finished and consequently were much further from completion when play had to be stopped.

The tilt between the University and Union golfers on the Brookline Country Club links resulted in several hard matches which were won by closes margins Captain E. S. Stimpson '27 lost to Cox, Union's underfeated member one man, but his teammates were all successful, and in the foursomes Stimpson teamed up with Dwight Barnum '27 to defeat Cox and J. Beale.

The summary of the matches follows: Stimpson (H) lost to Cox (U), 4 to 3; Barnum (H) defeated J. Beale (U), 4 to 2; Morrill (H) defeated Blair, 2 and 1; Cole (H) defeated R. Beale (U), 1 up on the nineteenth hole; Stimpson and Barnum (H) defeated Cox and J. Beale (U), 1 up; Morrill and Cole (H) defeated Blair and R. Beale (U), 1 up.