MINOR SPORT CONTESTS RESULT IN EVEN BREAK

Stick and Mallet Wielders Decisively Defeat Dartmouth and Dedham--Golf and Tennis Teams Lose

Two University minor sports teams were victorious, and two went down to defeat before their opponents on Saturday. The two former were the polo team which defeated Dedham, 6 to 3, and the lacrosse twelve which crushed Dartmouth with a 9 to 2 score. The tennis team was defeated 8 to 1, at the hands of Williams, and the golfers were worsted 7 to 2 by the University of Pennsylvania.

The lacrosse team showed its superiority from the start when it defeated the Green. Never during the entire game were the Crimson stick-men in danger. C. O. Simpson '27, playing at first attack accounted for three of the nine goals, playing a brilliant game. One of the Harvard goals came as the result of Esterbrook the Dartmouth goal keeper scooping the ball into his own net.

In tennis, a strong University team, slated by dopesters to win from Williams, went down to a crushing defeat before the Purple net men at Williams-town. The winners showed themselves far superior to their visitors the feature match being that in which captain March of Williams defeated J. F. W. Whitbeck '27 the Crimson leader.

Playing against Penr on the Agawamis Country Club links, the University golfers lost four of the six twosomes and all three foursomes. The best playing of the day was lone by Merritt of Penn who made the first nine holes in two over par 38.

The University horsemen who played against Dedham Whites, showed great strength against their strong opposition. H. A. White '25 was a tower of strength for the Crimson scoring four goals, and breaking up his opponents plays with great skill. J. P. Cotton '28 at number two, and J. P. Mandell '29 at back, each scored a goal.