Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

CLASS BASEBALL CROWN IS WON BY JUNIOR NINE

MEET ELI CLASS WINNERS ON SATURDAY AT NEW HAVEN

Defeating the Sophomores by 10 to 9 in a ninth-inning rally yesterday, the Junior Class nine won the class baseball championship of the University and the right to meet the champion Yale class nine at New Heaven on Saturday. The winning run was scored in a two run rally started when B. B. Long '28 beat out a bunt, M. J. Adams '28 sacrificed, A. W. Slocum '28 tripled to tie the score and then G. F. Russell '28 singled, bringing across the winning run.

Twelve players, two managers, and M. A. Cheek '26, coach of the Junior nine, will travel to New Haven, Saturday, to meet the champion class nine of Yale, which has not yet been determined.

Class numerals will be awarded to the members of the victorious 1928 nine, and if they should win over Yale, medals will be presented to them. A cup has been given upon which the names of the victorious team will be inscribed, and which will be each year in the possession of the college last winning it.

One more game remains on the Junior schedule, since the 1928 team will clash with the Seniors today, but the result of this game will not affect the class standing in any way.

The lineup and the score by innings of yesterdays game follow:

1928 J. W. Baldwin, 2b, J. W. Burrows c, B.B Long rf, M. J. Adams 3b, A. W. Slocum p, G. F. Russel 88, D. J. Kelly 1b, C. P. Atherton 1f, W. W. Taff cf, J. R. Giese cf.

1929-R. E. Stratton 88, E. L. Markella 2b, Harold Warren 3b, W. S. Tower 1b, Benjamin Eisenmann c, P. B. Weymouth 1f, D. J. O'Connell cf, I. A. Durocher rf, J.L. Donohue 0.   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 1928.  0  1  1  1  2  2  1  0  2  10 1929.  0  2  0  0  2  0  2  3  0  9