HARVARD-YALE NET TEAM IS ANNOUNCED

English Match to Extend Over Three Day Period--University Team to Enter Intercollegiates on June 27

The six members of the Harvard-Yale tennis team, which will face the combined Oxford-Cambridge netmen early in August were definitely announced yesterday following a test match between L. H. Gordon '27 and Arthur in-graham Jr. '30 to determine the third Harvard match. The final choice of Harvard-Yale players for the English invasion is as follows: J. F. W. Whitbeck '27, L. H. Gordon '27, and M. I. Hill '30, of Harvard, and Watson, McGlinn, and Reed of Yale.

The American team will sail on July 5 and will spend a couple of weeks in England before engaging there Oxford-Cambridge opponents. The match with the latter will differ from the ordinary American college form of six singles and three doubles contests. Twenty-one individual matches will be played in all, extending over a three day period from July 31 to August 2.

Previous to its departure for England the University tennis team will engage in two more contests on American-soil. On June 27 it will enter the Intercollegiates on the Merion Cricket Club courts in Haverford, Pa., and two days before this the Crimson netmen will oppose the Seabright players at Seabright, N. J. Only four men are allowed to enter the Intercollegiates from each college so that the whole Harvard team will not make the trip to Haverford. J. F. W. Whitbeck '27, L. H. Gordon '27, and B. H. Whitbeck '29 have already been picked while the choice of a fourth man is still unsettled between P. M. Lenhart '27 and Stephen Thompson '27.

The West and the Southwest are expected to show the greatest strength in the Intercollegiate contests. The University of California, Leland Stanford. University of Texas and Williams are the leading contenders for team honors.