TENTATIVE P. B. H. PLANS ANNOUNCED FOR 1927-8

SMITH FORD AND HUGHES MAY SPEAK DURING YEAR

Tentative plans for next year's work were announced yesterday by M. A. Cheek, Jr., '26, Graduate Secretary-elect of Phillips Brooks House. The schedule of activities provides for the usual series of speakers, discussions, and receptions.

The annual series of discussions of religion as related to every-day life will begin on November 6, when Roscoe Pound Hon '20, Dean of the Law School, will speak on "Religion and Law." Other speakers definitely chosen for the first half of this course include Dr. Michael Pupin, who is listed to discuss "Religion and Science" on November 20. Dean W. B. Donham '98, of the Business School, who will talk on "Religion and Business" on November 27, and Dr. R. C. Cabot '89, of the Department of Social Ethics, who is scheduled for December 4 to speak on "Religion and Health." The only speakers who are as yet secured for the second half of the discussion series are Dean W. L. Sperry of the Theological School for February 4, to discuss "Organized Christianity," and Professor Kirsopp Lake who on February 12 will speak of "The Evolution of Christian Thought." The general title of the series will be "The Integration of Religion in the Work of the World."

Smith Speaking Possibility.

The regular list of speakers has not yet been compiled. Invitations to speak will be sent to Alfred E. Smith, Governor of New York State, and possible Presidential nominee of the Democratic party. Henry Ford, and Charles Evans Hughes, former Secretary of State and Republican Presidential nominee in 1916.

The Information Bureau maintained each fall at the opening of college will be in operation from September 19 to September 26. A corps of undergraduates will supply new students with information pertaining to rooming houses, registration and any other problems facing new arrivals in Cambridge. Separate information departments will be maintained for students in the various graduate schools.

The annual Freshman Reception will be held on Monday, September 26. The speakers for this have not yet been chosen.