TIGERS TEAR TRIUMPH FROM CRIMSON RIDERS

University Poloists Lose a One--Sided Battle to Princeton--9 to 1 Is Final Score

Rye, N. Y., June 20--The Princeton polo quartet defeated the Harvard mallet-men at the Westchester Biltmore Club here this afternoon by a 9 to 1 score. The Crimson team showed its lack of tournament experience throughout the entire game, the riders being frequently beaten to the ball by their more experienced opponents.

The first period of the Harvard--Princeton match was scoreless, and was marked by good up and down the field playing on the part of both teams. W. H. White '28 was the first to tally with a shot from scrimmage near the goal in the second period. This advantage was quickly eradicated by Borden, number 2 rider for the Tigers, who scored once in that period and then was largely instrumental in the scoring of his team's two counters in the next chukker. During the last three periods Borden continued to dominate the play, scoring three goals himself and leading the entire Princeton attack.

The summary: HARVARD  PRIMGRTON Irving No. 1  No. 1 Bottomley Cotton, No. 2  No. 2 Borden White No. 3  No. 3 Erdman Mandell Back  Back Agnew

Score, Princeton 9, Harvard 1. Goals, Borden 5. Erdman 2. Bottomley 2 White.