STUDENT ADVISORS TO BECOME ACTIVE TODAY

INDIVIDUAL CONFERENCES WITH 1931 BEGIN SOON

The Student Advisory Committee will hold office hours in the Common Room of each of the four Freshman Dormitories from 12 to 2 o'clock daily until September 28. Members of the Committee and a number of the advisors who have returned for the purpose will take meals in the Freshman dining Halls and will be on hand in the Common Rooms to aid and advise all first-year men:

In their registration envelopes today Freshmen will discover the names and addresses of their advisors. As soon as possible these advisors will endeavor to get in touch with their advisees. Since many of the upperclassmen will not return to Cambridge until Monday, meetings between Freshmen and their advisors may be delayed until early next week.

The advisors reports on all Freshmen, which were written for the first time last October, will again be a feature of the system this fall. The reports, however, will be more important than in the past, for when a Freshman's standing is questionable, the Freshman Dean will call for the advisor's report and use it to aid him in deciding the case. The reports will be used only by the Advisory Committee and the deans will not be published.

T. H. Eliot '28 is chairman of life Committee, which consists of W. N. Bump '28, Chandler Robbins '28, J. O. Ross '29, B. W. Stevens '29, A. R. Sweezy '29, and John Noble '30.