THREE CLASSES WILL GET CHANCE TO MAKE CRIMSON

Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors Are Eligible--Tuesday Night Marks Start of Competitions

Competition in all four departments of the CRIMSON will get under way on next Tuesday evening when the News, Business. Photographic, and Editorial branches welcome their respective aspirants at 7 o'clock in the office at 16 Plympton Street. At this time President H. C. Bartlett '27 will give a short talk to the Freshman. Sophomore and Junior candidates who wish to try out for the department or departments for which they are eligible. He will out-line the general character of CRIMSON competitions and then turn the candidates over to the department heads.

For the first time in its history the Business board open to the Junior as well as the Sophomore and Freshmen classes. All 1929, 1930 and 1931 men are eligible to compete for election to the Business department. Tuesday night will afford the Class of 1931 its first and last opportunity during the first semester to try for a place on the CRIMSON staff.

Sophomores however, may try out for the News and Photographic boards. This will be the next to last opportunity for the class of 1930 to make either of these boards.

The Junior class gets the first of its two annual chances to make the Editorial board of the CRIMSON.

All four competitions will last nine weeks, the concluding date being Tuesday November 29. This makes the competition two weeks less in duration than last year's similar competitions which lasted 11 weeks each.

Previous newspaper training while valuable, is not essential to candidates for any of the four departments.