SOMMERS CHOSEN TO FILL VACANCY AT UNION

UNION TO WELCOME UNIVERSITY TONIGHT

After a meeting held yesterday afternoon the Governing Board of the Harvard Union announced the election of Davidson Somers '26, of St. Paul, Minnesota, to take the position of Graduate Secretary in collaboration with W. P. Stone '26, recently left vacant by the resignation of J. H. Durgin '26. It was also announced that W. I. Nichols '26, of Wilton, Connecticut, former president of the CRIMSON and now an Assistant Dean in charge of the Freshman Class, had been elected to the Governing Board.

Graduate Secretary Sommers will assume his duties immediately, Durgin having resigned some time ago in order to go into business. Assistant Dean Nichols' election to the administrative board of the Union augments the number of members on that body to six, including the president, Judge Frederick P. Cabot '90, of Boston. The remaining four are Matthew Luce '91, Regent of Harvard College, Assistant Professor E. A. Whitney '17 Mitchell Gratwick '22, and H. W. Bragdon '28, Vice-President.

Union To Welcome University

Tonight the Harvard Union will formally inaugurate its 1927-1928 season by extending a welcome to all members of the University at a meeting in the Living Room at 7.30 o'clock. Vice-President Bragdon will deliver a short address. Three reels of Harvard Athletic Association motion pictures will then present a resume of all Harvard sports during 1926-1927. This film was gotten up by the H. A. A. and will be shown at all Harvard Clubs throughout the country. Following these reels, three more will be shown in slow motion. These are American Lawn Tennis Association films and show Tilden, Cochet and Lacoste in action. In connection with these latter reels, it is hoped that tennis Coach, H. L. Cowles, will speak.