PRAY WINS TOPIARIAN CLUB ANNUAL CONTEST

WINNER PRESENTED WITH SILVER CUP

The seventh annual competition for the Topiarian Club Trophy Cup, which is open to all students in the School of Landscape Architecture, was won by B. S. Pray '25, it was announced yesterday. Second place went to R. S. Stryker, and third place was won by R. L. Reaser. Honorable mention were awarded to F. J. Cormier and R. O. Thompson. The winner of first place in the contest received a silver cup, and the winner of second place was given a book entitled "Charles Elliot, Landscape Architect".

The subject for the contest was "A War Memorial and Its Setting". The rules for the competition required that the memorial be designed for a New England city of a population of 200,000. The design was to be primarily commemorative, but was expected to be useful as well.

The winning drawings were all unique in the history of the competition. The design that took second place was a marble shaft that had a perpetual fire burning in it, which was supposed to be placed at the top of memorial and set full ablaze on Armistice Day.

The winning drawing was also a design of a marble shaft, located on the edge of a sharp cliff, with its foundation sunk to the bottom of the cliff.