Eddie Cantor Recalls Halcyon Harvard-Yale Celebration When He Caught Pigskin Booted by George Owen '23

In his suite at the Ritz-Carlton yesterday afternoon Eddie Cantor, famous comedian of Ziegfeld's "Follies", proudly displayed a tiny gold football awarded to him for his services to the Crimson squad six years ago. "You bet, I'm one of the boys," he chuckled as he twirled the charm about on his watch chain, "and I'm proud of it. In 1922, on the eve of the Harvard-Yale gridiron battle, when the Crimson eleven was on pins and needles in New Haven, I grubbed with them and tried to cheer them up a bit. We had a great show and I promised them every box in the house if they licked the Elis the next day. Whether they remembered this promise in the heat of the battle I don't know, but they won and that's all that mattered. They sure didn't forget me afterwards. They packed the house that night and George Owen made the chorines blush when he executed a high kick and shot the pigskin onto the stage. Between the acts they gave me this cute little thing-ama-gig," and the footlight star and wisecracker continued to twirl the little thing-ama-gig around.

Cantor mentioned his tour abroad. "London--blah!--terribly expensive. A clerk shakes you out in the Savoy every morning to get your dough. In Paris you don't mind getting gypped, you expect it. I think gay Paree in toto reminds one of a woman trying to be naughty-naughty--it certainly succeeds.

"I arrived in Venice to find the streets flooded. It was all wet all right. The Swiss? They wear velvet B. V. Ds. Not only the mountains are high in that country, the hotel rates ditto. No wonder people won't fight those guys, they're gallant chargers."