TRACK SEASON TO OPEN AT K. OF C. MEET

Total Entry of 379 in Mechanics Hall Attraction Tonight at 7.15--Two Relay Teams to Compete

Eighty men on the University track squad will be present tonight at the Knights of Columbus track meet to open the longest winter season that has ever been scheduled for the University. The runners will toe the line at 7.15 o'clock tonight in Mechanics Hall A check-up of the number of men entered in the event shows that at least 379 have filed banks to compete. J. L. Reid '29 will run in the feature mile race for the Curley Trophy against Lloyd Hahn of the Boston Athletic Association who is the leading middle distance runner in America.

The University and Freshman relay teams will oppose Holy Cross. It is expected that the University team will be composed of Captain A. H. O'Neil '28 C. M. Lauterhahn '30, V. L. Hennessey '30, and F. E. Cummings '30. The Freshman relay runners are: A. L. Watkins '30, J. P. Gray '30, R. J. Boshes '30, and J. H. Rowe '30.

Skipping through the events, the list shows that A. H. Miller '27 will be the most conspicuous runner in the 45-yard dash, with Monty Wells, world's record holder for the 45-yard hurdles.

Some of the other relay races show the following pairings: Boston University vs. Massachusetts Agricultural College, Brown vs. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Northeastern University vs. University of Maine, Boston College vs. New Hampshire, Boston College Freshmen vs. Bridgton Academy, Colby College vs. Worcester Technology. Leo Lermond will be favored to win the two mile race over Russell Payne and Philip Edwards.

Cach E. L. Farrell, commenting on the meet tonight, said that the University teams would in all probability come out well in front in its contest, but that the first year men were not as yet up to championship form.