CRIMSON CUP GOES TO CHOATE NEWS

Taft Papyrus and Hill News Gain Mention -- Many Entrants From Eastern Institutions

The Choate News, published by the Choate School of Wallingford, Connecticut, is the winner of the second annual school newspaper contest conducted by the CRIMSON, it was announced by the judges last night. The cup in the first annual competition last year was won by the Choate News. Honorable mention in the contest just closed was given to the Taft Papyrus, of the Taft School, Waterbury, Connecticut, and the Hill News, published by the Hill School, Pottstown, Pennsylvania.

1926 Board Founded Fund

Contributions of the Senior Editors of the Class of 1926 founded the annual competition. Funds were left for three silver cups to be awarded to the best school newspapers for the next three years. The third cup will be awarded next year, at the close of the competition, which will open immediately.

The board of judges is composed of the two CRIMSON presidents for the current year and the first editorial chairman from each class. H. C. Bartlett '28, V. O. Jones '28, and R. T. Sherman '28 were the members of this year's committee.

Rules of the contest demand that entrants submit three copies of papers published any time before March 1 of the current year. Entries are judged on editorials, make-up, and general appearance and handling of the news.

Schools from all over the eastern half of the United States contributed to the competition just closed. Among the more prominent entries were The Exonian, The Hill News, The Taft Papyrus, The Middle-sex Anvil, The Hotchkiss Review, The Mercersburg News, The Loomis Log, The Riverdale Review, The Peddie News, and the St. Paul Record.