LOWELL THOMAS LAUDS GERMAN ADVENTURER

WRITER OF "WITH LAWRENCE IN ARABIA" LED VARIED LIFE

"Repeating the same talk a few thousand times is most tiring," were the words of Lowell Thomas to a CRIMSON reporter yesterday. Mr. Thomas is the author of "With Lawrence in Arabia". The subject of this book formed the topic of his talk in Symphony Hall last night.

Mr. Thomas was the only American attached to General Lawrence's staff in Arabia during the World War, and became a close friend of the British officer.

"I have delivered this lecture in the entire English speaking world, both the Royal Opera House in London and Madison Square Garden in New York were sold out when I talked there."

Mr. Thomas then related several amusing incidents from his tour. "In Illinois I was introduced as one of the two greatest authors in America, Zane Grey being the other. In Winnipeg my book was called the greatest volume ever written, the speaker quite forgetting the Bible and Shakespeare."

Speaking of his career, Mr. Thomas said he was one of the few men who realized in later life dreams of his youth. He has explored Alaska, has been a reporter, a college professor, a literary free lance, and an author. Last year he spent three months flying over 25 European countries, covering a distance of 2500 miles for American newspapers.

Commenting on his latest book "The Sea Devil." Lowell Thomas said that he could throw several interesting sidelights on the hero, Count Luckner.

"The Count is not only a delightful buccaneer and a great sportsman, but he also has an incredible gift of relating his own stories. He acts them out on the platform. His strength is tremendous. One evening I saw him fear up 30 New York telephone directories, ripping them right in half. To illustrate his likability I can best fell you that Mayor Rolph of San Francisco was financially interested in a cargo that Luckner sent to the bottom. He was so taken in by the Count's congenial ways that he presented him with the golden Key to the city and sent a cable to President ven Rindenburg congratulating him on having such a man in the German Republic."