HOOVER WILL CROSS BY SQUARE ON TOUR

G. O. P. Adherents Plan Large Meeting in Union Tomorrow Night-Allen, Beede and Parkman Will Speak

Herbert Hoover, Republican nominee for President, will pass through Harvard Square today at ten minutes past 12 O'clock in an automobile as part of his tour through greater Boston. It is expected that he may stop and speak for a few moments.

Tomorrow evening at 8 O'clock, the Harvard Republican Club will get under way at a large meeting in the Union Living Room plans for further aiding the campaign of the Republican presidential candidate. This meeting will be open to members of the University.

Congressman Beede of Maine, Francis Parkman 18, chairman of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee and Lieutenant-Governor Allen, Republican candidate for the governorship of Massachusetts will deliver addresses before the meeting.

Dinner Planned for Speakers

Before the open meeting of the club it held a dinner will be given for the speakers, members of the executive committee and a few guests. This dinner will be given to the speakers by the Harvard Union at the Union and will take place at 6.45 O'clock.

This is the first open meeting which has been held so far by the Harvard Republican Club. It will mark the beginning of a number of activities under the auspices of the club among which will feature a luncheon on October 26 at which Colonel Theodore Roosevelt Jr '08 will speak.

New Men May Join

Any members of the University who wish to join the Republican Club in its organized campaign activities will be offered the opportunity to do so at the meeting tomorrow. F. A. Clark '29 will preside at the meeting and introduce the speakers.

The Republican Club is planning to have a desk placed in the hall of the Union where information about absentee voting may be procured.