Tarheel End Finds Guarnaccia Hardest to Stop of Crimson Backfield Stars-Coach Collins Lauds Charging of Forwards

"Guarnaccia is far and away the hardest running back on your team" declared Odell Sapp, All-Southern end on the North Carolina team, in commenting on the Harvard backfield to a CRIMSON reporter yesterday. "By hardest running, I mean the hardest to stop" he qualified his statement.

"French is a fine all-around player and a fast runner, but he goes down easier than Guarnaccia when he is tackled. I might add that your backfield combination will show up well against any team it meets this season.

"Gilligan is an elusive runner, a good drop-kicker and fine on the receiving end of passes. He seems to be in need of playing experience, however, before he can be rated a finished triple threat."

In reviewing the Crimson line, Sapp said that although it did not quite measure up to the backfield in calibre it was consistently aggressive.

The Tarheel end considered the Harvard wings as the weakest factor on the team, the tackles as average, and the guards as the best men in the Crimson forward wall. Schwartz, he said, found little or no trouble in breaking through the center to nail line plays.

Coach Collins, Tarheel mentor, stated that he considered the wonderful driving charge of the Crimson line as one of the most noteworthy factors in the game. "Carolina has no excuse," he stated, "Your Harvard team overwhelmed us, but we feel that it was not lack of opposition on our part, but excellent playing by your men. Harvard will give any team going a knock-down, drag-out fight."