'CAUSE I LIKED HER TOO MUCH

May fair, long the scene of the inconsequential activities of characters in novels, is about to receive the leader of the only art in which personal supremacy is incontestably provable at one blow. Second in national importance only to Colonel Lindbergh, Mr. Tunney feels that this is the best way to acquire the liberal education which heretofore time has not allowed him to pursue just what led him to feel that the epitome of world culture is contained within this glittering district is not clear. Perhaps Iris March told him.

More likely his wife whispered, and he made his mistake common to all young husbands, of believing her. Distance being the one requirement of all those who make their living by criticizing this busy republic, it is easy to see how one might fall into the error of looking for wisdom where they live, move and have their being.

But if Gene can stand the hot air, he may make a good thing out of his sojourn in the forest of Arlen; that is, if he can see the forest for the trees. The English speaking world will rise up as a man to thank him if he debunks the pseudo-sophisticate as thoroughly as he triumphed over the fight game. But Mr. Tunney really deserves a rest and an opportunity for the sort of positive education he has hoped for. Anyone with his capacity for detail, coupled with a broad realization of underlying principles, should not waste his time taking the spice out of the intelligentsia. His fistic traditions should prompt him to pick on something his own size.