PROGRAMS, TOO

Those who believed commercial misrepresentation in Cambridge to be confined to the last week in September, acknowledged open season on Harvard College, have discovered on the past two Saturday afternoons the flaw in such optimism. Charlatanry obtains a re-entry in the sale of a program to the Stadium-bound crowds. Cried on Boylston Street and adjacent avenues as a "football program," printed evidence finds the sponsors and agents of this cheat guilty of misrepresentation in the following details:

Five men are listed who are not on the squad; six men are unlisted, all of whom were on the squad before the North Carolina game. Of the thirty-two men named who remain on the squad, twenty four are given wrong numbers. Four names are incorrect. A cursory look at the Army side of the cardboard reveals seven errors.

The sale of this program in conjunction with a Boston evening newspaper may or may not be a clue to the identity of its editors, who, like their printers, have not seen fit to acknowledge responsibility in the usual manner. There is something delightful about the underselling of an official program; when, however, the program is useless for its purpose in the mind of the purchaser, it becomes misrepresented merchandise. As such it is punishable under law, whose enforcement, as a preventative measure, the CRIMSON suggests to the city of Cambridge.