NO UPSETS

With the final results of the CRIMSON poll published, it is evident that the University has run nearly true to form. Comparison with the votes of 1920 and 1924 indicates that, though the country may vary widely from campaign to campaign, the generations of Harvard men present a remarkably similar political aspect. The reunited Democratic vote and the results in the Graduate Schools are, however, of some significance.

The claims of Smith campaign managers to the inheritance of the LaFollette liberal vote of four years ago are borne out in the miniature of the University. The percentage of Democratic votes this year equals the combined Davis-LaFollette total of 1924; and, in spite of sufficient publicity, the Socialist candidate failed to approach the support accorded the extinct Third Party. Harvard's Republican vote is something of a fixture, and does not run alarmingly below its past strength.

The results in the Law and Business Schools are very different from those in the College. In the former, a liberal tradition a forceful Democratic campaign, and a faculty rather leaning toward Governor Smith, combined to secure his majority. The Business School, naturally conservative, and feeling a certain kinship with Mr. Hoover, swung even more strongly in the other direction.

The immaturity of the undergraduate voter is as unsettled as ever. With its elder brethren divided as they are, the College appears to be a balancing medium; and if hersdity determines the votes of the younger students, the net results are not too widely astray from those of the combined graduate schools.