WORK ON DEFENSE FOR GREEN ATTACK

Shifts in Practice Leave Starting Lineup in Uncertain State--Harper Expected to Return Today

Another long defensive drill against Dartmouth plays as put on by a team of inteligibles and serubs was the order of the football practice on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon.

The long passes which it is expected the Big Green will uncork tomorrow were tried time and again and more often than not they were successful. Unless the backs improve in this department there is serious danger that whatever good work the line may do will go for naught, as was the case last week against the Cadets.

George Crawford ocC. was calling signals on team A yesterday. Whether the change is significant or not is not definitely known, but it would not be at all surprising to see the diminutive pilot answer the whistle tomorrow. The handling of the team by E. T. Putnam '30 and T. W. Gilligan '31 against West Point was questionable at several times and the opportunity for a clever quarterback is wide open. Putnam was directing team B in signals, while Gilligan worked out on team C. Coach Horween announced that Putnam would start against the Indians, but there is certainly a plan to use Crawford a good deal even if not in the starting lineup.

In signal drill after the dummy scrimmage J. G. Douglas '30 replaced R. H. O'Connell '30 at right end and he may be in that position tomorrow. W. R. Harper '30 was still in civilian clothes, but he will probably be in the lineup today. His place was taken by A. W. Huguley '31.

Team A--F. A. Pickard '29, l.e.; J. E. Barrett '30, l.t.; J. N. Trainer '31, l.g.; B. H. Ticknor '31, c.; F. A. Clark '29, r.g.; W. D. Ticknor '30, r.t.; R. H. O'Connell '30, r.e.; George Crawford ocC, q.b.; A. E. French '29, l.h.b.; T. F. Mason '30, David Guarnaccia '29, r.h.b.; A. W. Huguley '31, f.b.

Team B--J. B. Baldwin '31, l.e.; T. H. Alcock '29, l.t.; John Parkinson '29, r.g.; C. F. Richards '31, c.; D. C. Shaw '29, r.g.; K. D. Robinson '29, r.t.; S. C. Burns '30, r.e.; E. T. Putnam '30, q.b.; S. L. Batchelder '31, l.h.b.; T. F. Mason '30, r.h.b.; J. W. Potter '30, f.b.