COMPETITORS FOR CLEE CLUB MANAGER POST MEET TONIGHT

First Concert to be in Company With Symphony Orchestra

A competition for second assistant manager of the University Glee Club will open tonight at seven o'clock in the Glee Club offices on the third floor of the Music Building. The competition according to officers of the Glee Club will be of eight week's duration, and open only to members of the Class of '31. The winner of the competition will automatically become assistant manager in his Junior year and manager in his final year.

Several dates have been definitely contracted for by the management thus far. The first concert will be given on November 14 when the Glee Club, accompanied by the Boston Symphony Orchestra will sing Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. M. Serge Koussevitzky will conduct.

The night before the Yale game the Glee Club will perform in New Haven as the guests of the Yale organization. On December 6, the University singers will again appear in Symphony Hall in a presentation of five "Mystical Songs" by R. Vaughn Williams, the well known English composer. Appearing with the Glee Club will be Madame Margarethe Matzenauer, contralto, with the Metropolitan Opera Company. An engagement has also been made to appear in a dual concert with the Smith College Glee Club toward the end of April. As last year, the Christmas trip will again take the Glee Club to Canada.