DORMITORY MEET WILL LAUNCH 1932 HARRIERS

Short Race Friday Will Test Material in Cross Country Squad--Mikkola is Ready for Good Year

Friday afternoon an inter-dormitory cross country meet for Freshmen will being at 3.30 o'clock. This first organized meant of the hill and dale season will be short race, one and a quarter times sound the iron fence of Soldiers, Field.

Coach Jaakko Mikkola termed the freshman squad as "pretty good" and said that they seemed to be "following in the footsteps of Freshman squads of rent years." The Freshman harriers have dropped but one meet in the past free seasons, and that to Dartmouth last ill. Mikkola explained that the purpose Friday's meet was to get a line on the experienced members of the squad, as well as to get more Freshmen interested across country. Every man in the freshman class is eligible to participate this opening run, regardless of ability. The coach pointed out that J. L. Reid '29, captain of the 1927 and 1928 cross country teams, had never donned a track one before he entered the College.

The opening meet of the year is scheduled for October 12 with Holy Cross freshmen, the same day that the University team opposes the Worcester college.