TWO-DAY RESPITE FOR CRIMSON TEAM

Penn Game Takes No Toll of Hurt Players--Weakness of Passing Still Evident

The war drum throbbed no longer and the battle flags were furled on Soldiers Field yesterday when Coach Horween decreed that the first two days of this week should be days of rest for his University football squad. Locker building and playing fields were deserted yesterday afternoon, and today the players will journey out to the Myopia Hunt Club for a light workout.

No serious injuries were reported from the Penn clash last week, and with a couple of days of rest the team should be ready for the grind which will extend to the Yale game and in which the Holy Cross encounter is only an interim.

Passing Game Weak

Once again it was demonstrated that the University eleven is weak in that department of football devoted to throwing, catching, and breaking up passes. It is likely that much of the work for the next ten days will concern itself with the aerial scheme of attack and defense.

On the forward pass plays tried by the Crimson against the Red and Blue there were enough potential receivers scattered about the field to reveal the foundations of a sound and workable pass offense. But a lack of finish, a tendency on the part of the receiver to fight the ball, spoiled the effectiveness of this mode of gaining ground. With greater attention to detail, the Harvard passing game should become a threat against the Blue of Yale.