POLICY OF SECRECY IS ADOPTED BY HORWEEN

FRENCH AND W. TICKNOR RESUME CUSTOMARY POSITIONS

Coach Horween and his gridiron forces took refuge from the fog and rain of Soldiers Field in the Le Baron Briggs Cage yesterday afternoon and there went through the first practice workout in preparation for the season's finale at New Haven on Saturday.

The official announcement of what took place at the session is very sketchy and throws but little light on the coaches plans for this crucial week. A policy of strict secrecy will in all probability be maintained until Saturday, and any shakeups or changes in tactics will be revealed to the public only when the Crimson and Blue come together.

Lineup Not Given Out

A short blackboard talk at which a number of new plays were given out, followed by a dummy scrimmage and signal drill comprised the general outline of the workout. The nature of the plays and the personnel of team A, besides the injury list, was kept under cover. Whether this is an indication that some change is being contemplated is a matter for conjecture.

Both Captain A. E. French '29 and W. D. Ticknor '30 were back at work and it is understood that they covered their usual positions at left half and right guard respectively.