WOOLLCOTT WILL SPEAK AT UNION

Talk to be Preceded by a Dinner in His Honor--Speaker Has Had Widely Varied Career

Alexander Woollcott, former dramatic critic of the New York Times, the World, and the Sun, will speak in the Living Room of the Union at 8 o'clock tonight. He has chosen as his subject, "Behind the Scenes."

Mr. Woollcott is one of the best known and wittiest of New York's dramatic critics. His experiences with the stage and journalism have been wide and interesting, and as he has an exceptional first hand knowledge of the production and writing of all varieties of dramatic work.

To Discuss Current Plays

The talk will be chiefly concerned with plays of the current season, criticism of them, stories of how they came to be produced, and a general survey of the difficulties experienced in getting a play on the boards. Mr. Woollcott has a fund of interesting anecdotes about the stage and stage people.

Immediately preceding the lecture a small dinner will be given in the Committee Room of the Union in Honor of the lecturer. The following men have been invited: Philip Hale, dramatic critic of the Boston Herald; E. A. Weeks Jr. '22, of the Atlantic Monthly; D. T. W. McCord '22, poet and essayist; Bernard Barnes '30, assistant managing editor of the CRIMSON, A. R. Blackburn '29, president of the Lampoon; L. T. Grimm '29, vice-president of the Union; Theodore Hall '29, secretary of the Advocate; J. H. Sachs '29, dramatic editor of the CRIMSON David Sommers '26, graduate secretary of the Union; and R. G. West '29, editor of the H. A. A. News.