Author of Dramatic Club's Latest Offering Praises the Undergraduate Thespians for Producing Untried Plays

"The Harvard Dramatic Club is to be congratulated for its initiative in producing new and untried plays. The chief fault of most college theatricals is that they have a tendency to produces a play that has gained reputation on a professional stage. Trusting on the name of the play, rather than their own Individual presentation to assure them of success," declared Michael Gold the author of "Fiesta", the Dramatic Club's fall production as he turned away from a group congratulating his latest contribution to the dramatic world to give a short interview to a CRIMSON reporter.

College theatricals as a whole. However, are a good thing for dramatics. Mr. Gold believes. In every large group of young men or women such as one finds in the colleges, there is bound to be some stage talent, which if it were not for the college dramatic clubs, might never be brought forth "Many who originally participate in college plays more for the fun of it than because of the recantation that they can act, later become well known actors," the playwright went on. "The few that enter college with a dramatic career in mind have ample opportunity to develop their talents in the under graduate productions."