GLEE CLUB TO GIVE 2 NEWTON CONCERTS

Join With Radcliffe Choral Society to Sing in Bloch Work at Symphony Hall Next Week

Two concerts will be given today by the University Glee Club in Newton. They will be held in the Newton High School Auditorium, the first at 2.15 o'clock and the other at 8.15 o'clock.

The afternoon program is as follows: Let I's Now Praise Famous Men  Williams Choeur Des Chameliers  Franck Three Italian Folk Songs Harvard Glee Club Asturiana  deFalla Jota  deFalla Three Roumanian Dances  Bartok-Szekely Miss Donaldson Jubilate Deo  Gabrieli Jesu. Joy of Man's Desiring  Bach Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence  Arr. by Holst The Galway Piper  Irish Folk Song Chorus from "The Gondoliers"  Sullivan Harvard Glee Club

The evening program is much the same, but with the addition of numbers by Vitali, Carissimi, Morley, and a German folk song arrangement by Brahms.

It has also been announced that the Glee Club, in conjunction with the Radcliffe Choral Society, will sing parts of Bloch's "American Symphony" when it is played by the Boston Symphony Orchestra on Friday, December 21, and Saturday, December 22.