GRADUATES SOUGHT TO LEARN AVIATION

Cambridge, Squantum, and Pensacola Centers of Training-Ground and Air Courses Given

An opportunity is offered students of the University 'who will complete their college work this coming June to take an intensive training course in aviation. The Naval Flying Unit at Squantum is attempting to secure about 50 students from Harvard and Technology who will enter a course of training which will eventually qualify them as ensigns in the Naval Reserve Aviation Corps. Attention is called to the fact that this is open not only to students in the college, but also to those of the graduate schools in the University.

The ground course consists of a series of lectures beginning of February 4, and continuing three times a week until June 1. The lectures are to be given in the afternoon at the Guggenheim Aeronautical laboratory at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Following the course of lectures there will be primary flight training at Squantum. Those who are successful in passing this training will be sent to the Naval Flying School at Pensacola, Florida, for an eight months course. The training at Pensacola includes more than 200 hours of flying, which is sufficient for a transport license. Those who qualify at Pensacola will be commissioned and offered active duty in the Fleet for a year, after which they revert to reserve status.

Harvard men who are interested can obtain full information on this subject by calling on Lieutenant Thomas at the Guggenheim Laboratory on Massachusetts Avenue. The physical examination which is required may be arranged for through Lieutenant Thomas, and may be taken at the Boston Navy Yard.