RAWLINS DEFEATS BAKER FOR SQUASH RACQUETS CROWN

Perfect Footwork and Judgement Are Winning Factors--New York Takes National Team Championship

Showing the same coolness which has always characterized his game, H. N. Rawlins '27 of New York, gained the National Squash Racquets Singles Championship from M. P. Baker '25, of Boston, on the courts of the Pennsylvania Athletic Club, Philadelphia, yesterday afternoon, in three straight games, 15-12, 15-13, 16-15. Both finalists were captains of the University squash teams in their Senior years. As the score indicates, the match was close, but Rawlins always had the edge.

New York City won the national team championship from Boston, 4 to 2. This was the first time in the past few years that the University team has not captured this event.

The new national title-holder, who also won the metropolitan squash racquets championship at the University Club, New York, during the week of January 16, was able to triumph over Baker because of his perfect footwork and his skillful anticipation of his opponent's shots. Rawlins had complete control over his racquet.