STEVENS TO COACH YALE ELEVENS FOR NEXT THREE YEARS

Played on Championship Eleven of 1923--Was Ineligible in His Senior Year

New Haven, Conn., February 27, 1928,--Marvin Allen Stevens, a backfield player on the championship football team of 1923, was appointed head coach of Yale football teams for a period of three years, according to a statement issued last night by the Yale University Athletic Association.

Stevens during his Sophomore and Junior years was a versatile back and one of Yale's most consistent ground gainers. In his Senior year he was ineligible. During the last few seasons, while a student at the Medical School, he has been assisting T. A. D. Jones on the coaching staff.

Professor George H. Nettleton, Chairman of the Board of Control of the Yale University Athletic Association issued the following statement last night. "The Board of Control of the Yale University Athletic Association announces the appointment of Marvin Allen Stevens of the Yale College Class of 1925, as head football coach for a term of three years. Since his graduation from Yale College, Mr. Stevens has been a student in the Yale Medical School where he is enrolled as a regular candidate for the M.D. Degree. He has been a member of the Yale football coaching staff for the past four years. This appointment assures the direction of Yale coaching by a resident member of the University community."