MARCH ON

Once more the snow drifts are piling up about the massive flanks of Widener and masking the jutting pinacles of Memorial Hall. The student has resurrected his galoshes from the back of his clothes closet and started with a load of books for the library reading room. Winter has returned again, and with it the cold winter habits.

A mere day or so ago the might "Leviathan" was ferrying the more ambitious Freshmen up and down the river between cakes of ice: The Yard squirrels, seized with a touch of spring madness, had begun to disdain the sacrifices offered them. The Geology Department was wondering whether it was not time for field trips to begin. The budding poets had been taken with the desire to scribble about the young man's fancy in spring.

But now all these have relapsed to their customary winter somnolence. The driverless taxi systems have put the tops up on their roadsters. The section men have handed in blank attendance slips--and the college has retired into hibernation once more until temperamental March decides just what it is going to do.