SUMMER WORK OFFERED STUDENTS BY P.B.H. BUREAU

SOCIAL SERVICE DEPARTMENT PLANS ENLARGEMENT

Summer jobs will be available through the Social Service Department of the Phillips Brooks House Association, according to an announcement made yesterday by L. M. McTurnan '28, secretary of the Social Service Committee. These jobs will be filled in order of preference by men who have had experience in this department of the Phillips Brooks House.

Many calls are now coming in for settlement house workers, now that the Midyear period is passed, according to McTurnan, and there are increased opportunities for work in the field of sports directing, basketball, baseball, and football organizers being in demand.

Extension changes in the organization of the Social Service work are under consideration by the committee, and will be announced shortly. The ultimate aim of the committee in proposing a revision of the existing order of things McTurnan explained, is to bring men into closer contact with the Phillips Brooks House organization, also with the University, and to stimulate interest within the College in welfare work.