H. A. A. ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR CLASS BASEBALL TEAMS

WINNING CLASS TEAM WILL PLAY YALE CLASS CHAMPIONS

Official class baseball practice will start immediately after the spring vacation and will run for a period of over seven weeks, finishing with a game against a Yale class team, it was announced at the Harvard Athletic Association last night.

M. A. Cheek '26 will be in charge again this year and will himself coach one of the teams. The league of teams will be composed of the three upper class squads, while the Freshman dormitory teams will have a separate series of games having no connection with the class teams. Cheek and his assistants will organize the teams supervise the elections of captains, and instruct the players. Once underway, however, the class leagues will be run as much as possible by the players, themselves.

The class teams this year will have exceptional facilities with which to work. Two baseball diamonds will always be available for the class teams and others will be used occasionally. All members of the squads will be fitted out with uniforms, and the Athletic Association will have a liberal supply of bats, balls and other necessary equipment at the Locker Building. In the outside games with high schools professional umpires will officiate.

Each class team will play the other two teams three times for the title. The winner of the season's games will play the Yale class team champion on May 26-in Cambridge. In case the Yale nine is defeated, the members of the winning team will receive numerals.

The schedule this spring starts with a game on April 20 with Belmont Hill High School. There are nine other outside games ending with that against Yale, and nine interclass games.