DENTAL SOCIETY AIDS STUDENTS

Report Shows Range of Activity Among Newoomers in School

The work of the Dental School Society for this year was started early in September when a personal letter of welcome was written to each prospective Freshman, in which was enclosed a survey of student expenses. Ten days before school commenced the Society opened its office and all new men were welcomed upon their arrival. They were personally conducted to suitable rooms that had previously been inspected by the committee.

A religious census was taken and a church committee appointed of members of the various denominations, who invited the new men to attend the church of their choice.

An opening reception was given to the students of the school on October 1. The speakers of the evening were; Mr. M. A. Cheek, Assistant Graduate Secretary, Phillips Brooks House Association; Dr. Daniel Evans, professor of Christian theology in the Theological School; and Dr. Leroy M. S. Miner, Dean of the Dental School.

A visiting committee was appointed to call upon all students who were ill and valuable assistance of many kinds was given to such men.

An information and employment by reau has been maintained throughout the year. Part-time positions were secured for ten men. Used books and dental instruments have been obtained for eight Freshmen.

The Students' Room has been regularly supplied with seven publications, including the Lampoon and the CRIMSON.

Music for the afternoon teas has been supplied by members of the Society, Students in the School have contributed $70 to the Society this year.

The Society and school are grateful to the following men who have been very active in the work this year: J. C. Wolfe, W. S. Mallarick, D. T. Spencer, and E. F. Anderson. Mr. Wolfe is to be highly commended for raising funds to pay the fourth installment of tuition for one of the Seniors, a foreign student.