PROMINENT DEMOCRATS TALK TO HARVARD CLUB

Plans for Forthcoming Convention Furthered in Democratic Meeting--Club Endorses League of Nations

At a dinner held in the Union last night the Democratic Club furthered its plans for the forthcoming mock convention to be held in May, with speeches by two men prominent in Democratic state organization in Massachusetts, and reports from the committees on foreign policy which have been working to formulate the platform for the convention.

With but two dissenting votes the meeting expressed an opinion endorsing the League of Nations; and advocating the immediate absolute independence of the Philippines. These two statements will be incorporated in the platform to be presented to the convention.

A special committee is now working upon the organization meeting to be held in Symphony Hall, April 12, when Senator Thomas J. Walsh of Montana will address a group representative of the New England Colleges, in which similar clubs are being organized. These clubs are being aided and in many cases founded through the efforts of the Harvard Democratic Club.