A SONG RESUNG

After the sun has faded from the windows of University Hall, and the last belated class long since closed its books in the caverns of Sever, under the deepening silhouette of Widener tonight the Glee Club gives the second of its traditional Yard Concerts on the steps across the grass from the Chapel.

The traditions of Harvard, as many as they are varied, number among their most delightful these concerts that belong to the University alone. When the Yard has not long been green, and the first truly warm nights of spring have come, then the Glee Club sings to the sons of Harvard scattered over the grass beneath the elms until they too mount the broad steps and join in the full throated chorus of "Fair Harvard."

Laugh and the world laughs with you: and so it is when you sing. Apollo sang, and his worshippers joyously followed his example. Now the Glee Club sings, and the world of Harvard hums in sympathy. The Chapel, filled with the remembrance of many an austere hymn, tosses back the echo to the tall columns of Widener, until finally even the echo is silent, and the Yard sleeps with the refreshed memory of an old Harvard tradition.