GOLFERS TAKE ON HOLY CROSS THIS AFTERNOON

CRUSADERS EXPECTED TO PROVIDE STRONG COMPETITION

In its fourth match played on a foreign course within less than a week, the University golf team will engage Holy Cross this afternoon at 3 o'clock over the 18-hole course of the Worcester Country Club in Worcester.

On their recent trip to Rye, New York, the Crimson golfers won one match and lost two. On Friday they bowed to the Georgetown forces by a 7 to 2 score, while on Saturday they split even, beating Pennsylvania easily 8 to 1 in the morning but losing to Princeton 6 to 3 in the afternoon. The results of the trip bring the totals of the season to date to four victories and two defeats.

The men who will play this afternoon are J. A. Hutchinson '28, Joseph Morrill '28, J. W. Hutchinson '30, O. L. Winston '30, J. W. Filoon '29, and C. L. Stover '30. In the two-somes they will play in the order named, and in the four-somes J. A. Hutchinson and Morrill, J. W. Hutchinson and Winston, and Filoon and Stover will pair together.

On the trip Captain J. A. Hutchinson and Morrill both did well, the latter figuring in two of the three matches which were won in the Princeton clash. All of the other players showed good golf at times, and the whole team seems to be rounding into form with the warmer weather.

Holy Cross is believed to have a particularly strong team this year, and though the Crusaders have had comparatively few matches, some very close competition is expected to result from this afternoon's play.