BATTLE ROYAL ON FOR HARVARD BOW BERTHS

NORTON, HUBBARD TO REPLACE CAMPBELL, DICKEY?

As a result of this week's informal rowing and experimental shifts, it now appears likely that the undefeated University crew will enter the Yale race with a line-up slightly changed in the bow thwarts.

With the infected hand of C. E. Mason '30 now completely healed, the Sophomore has resumed the No. 4 slide which his injury cost him on the eve of the Tech-Cornell regatta. C. McK. Norton '29, who has been rowing in his place now seems slated for the No. 2 seat, if he can show better form and stamina than A. A. Campbell '30, who has rowed all this year's races at No. 2.

Laurence Dickey '30, who has been at how in all the preliminary brushes, as a result of recent developments, appears destined to yield his how oar to De Wolf Hubbard '29, of last year's jayvee crew, who is being given a thorough test at bow.

Informal rowing will be the order of the day until the Harvard navy leaves for Red Top on June 3. With Coach Edward Brown '96 concentrating on individuals, this term should shake down the how situation. Mason appears sure of No. 4 and W. T. Emmet '29 of No. 3. This leaves No. 2 and how to be fought for by Norton, Hubbard, Dickey, and Campbell.

No changes, of course, will be made in Harvard's stern load of veterans, and C. H. Pforzheimer '28 appears certain to hold the tiller ropes in the, long four-mile pull on the Thames.