UNION BOAT CLUB WILL SEEK HONORS AT HENLEY

SAILING JUNE 23 -- UNION SENT CREWS IN 1914 AND 1920

The Union Boat Club will send a group which includes five graduates and one undergraduate of the University in quest of rowing honors in the Royal Henley regatta on the Thames River, England, which will be held on July 4, 5, 6, and 7. They will sail from New York on the Majestic on June 23.

Geoffrey Platt '27, captain of last year's University crew, A. L. Hobson '24, G. H. Perkins '27, J. H. Harwood '27, Oliver Ames '27, and R. H. Miller '30 represent the Crimson in this group. Hobson was on the first crew in 1924, while Harwood rowed No. 3 on the second University last year and Perkins held a Jayvee seat in 1925 and 1926.

Lindley, who stroked Yale to victory in the Paris Olympics of 1924, the same year that he set the beat for. Yale's triumph over the University crew over the four-mile course on the Thames in Connecticut, and Wardwell, who will row at No. 7, are Yale men making the trip. H. W. Robbins, captain of the Union Boat Club, is a graduate of Syracuse.

This is the Union's third trip overseas. In 1914 the Boat Club crew reached the final of the challenge boat race, bowing in the final to the powerful second University crew. Again in 1920 the Union Boat Club mustered a crew which did not win in the opening heat, for it drew as its opponents the famed Leanders who nosed them out by only a dozen feet.