STOUT IS SELECTED GUEST OF FRENCH

Hammond of Yale and Mulford of Princeton Also Chosen--Receptions Grace Itinerary

Richard Arnold Stout '29, of Louisville, Kentucky, managing editor of the CRIMSON, has been selected by authorities of the University to represent Harvard as a guest of the Franco-American Maritime and Colonial League, under the general supervision of the French government, on a short tour of France this summer. Lancing Hammond, a sophomore at Yale, and John Mulford, a Princeton junior, have been selected to accompany him.

The Franco American Maritime and Colonial League, which is the American branch of the League Maritime et Coloniale Francaise, created a fund several years ago to defray expenses connected with the inviting of a group of French University students to America for a few weeks. They were given such a cordial reception here and established so many firm friendships that it seemed proper and fitting that a group of American students should be invited to visit France under similar circumstances.

Closer Relationship Hoped For

Since that time, for the purpose of establishing a closer relationship between the university men of America and France through travel, it has been the practice of the League to take a few French students to America one year and the next to enable a few American students to tour France. A. P. de Malglaive, head of the French Line in America, is responsible for the organization of the trip this year.

Sailing from New York on the SS. Rochambeau on July 12, the party, consisting of the Harvard, Yale, and Princeton representatives, will be received at a reception given by the Havre section of the League Maritime et Coloniale Francaise July 21, and will be in Paris and its vicinity for several days thereafter. July 26 and 27 will be spent in travelling to and staying at Bouafles and Les Andelys. After a reception by the Rouen section of the League Maritime et Coloniale Francaise given the travelling students on July 28, the party will sail from Havre for New York, arriving back in this country on August 6.