Soundings

THE PRESS

Tonight we promenade.

Heralded as the greatest social function of the year, the Junior Prom looses its night of fun and festivity with dinner this evening. Other dances may surpass the Prom in gorgeousness occasionally-not often-but there is, was, and ever will be One Prom, and only one. It is apart from every other form of social life.

It is the one event of the year that lifts many a student out of the humdrum of campus existence and gives him a taste of campus life he reads about in magazines, yet never sees in real life; takes him from an uneventful existence to College Life....

Many a student has read stories of college life and believed them...who never saw such life on the campus that is his (or her) home. Yet somehow this inconsistency is never noticed Books, the library, football, basketball, a show or two, tea dances. Citizens, studying, sleeping, eating these with a few variations make up the life of the college student. Aside from romances connected perhaps with football or basketball, these are never touched upon in magazine college life. The exceptions, and not the rule, give the periodical reader his impression of campus life.

The Prom those two magic words seem to carry with them a feeling of superiority; they smack of the elite. University of Colorado Proms are the most democratic in the country yet somehow even they stand out. Truly, the Prom is The One Event of the year.

One evening in the year when the average student steps out of mediocrity and promenades, the peer of the best on the campus. The Prom is worth its price-and would be even if it cost as much as the Denver papers say it does. University of Colorado Silver and Gold