HOCKEY PRACTICE TO RECOMMENCE TODAY

ONLY ONE WEEK OF PRACTICE BEFORE NEXT GAME

The University hockey squad will take possession of the Boston Garden ice this afternoon for the first practice since the 5 to 1 victory over the Boston Athletic Association six on January 16. With the exception of J. B. Garrison '31, brilliant first string center, who has been out of the lineup with a broken wrist since the New Year's Eve game with Toronto, all the regular puckmen are expected to be on hand to herald the reopening of the hockey season.

With only a week to round into form for the opening game with the University Club, on the second part of the schedule, the Crimson sextet will be pressed for time.

Out of eight games played during the first half of the season the University team has won four, lost three, and tied. In the scoring column Harvard has rung up a total of 37 points to its opponents 14. Of the games Harvard has lost, all three were decided by the margin of a single goal. The University Club six won in a 4 to 3 contest, Toronto downed the Crimson 3 to 2, and the Green sextet won out in Hanover by a 2 to 1 margin.

Prominent among the first string players who will be on hand today are John Tudor '29, and F. R. G. Giddens '30, Wingmen, E. T. Putnam '30 and G. C. Holbrook '30, centers, and A. S. Bigelow '29, H. W Bigelow '29, and S. L. Batchelder '31, who have shared the defense duties regularly this season. O. P. Jackson '29, H. H. Newell '29, and W. L. Elkins '29, who have divided the goal guarding honors so far this season are expected to renew their rivalry for the post of cageman.

Although Garrison will not be on hand today or at the opening game with the University Club six next Wednesday night he is counting on a return to the ranks in time to participate in the Harvard Dartmouth tilt on February 16